At farmerswife, we are building a new cloud-based product which aims for excellent reliability and scalability.
We’re looking for a talented Java developer to join our backend team.
If you’d like to be actively involved in all stages of development, working with our clients on new products and features, this is the role for you.
You’ll be responsible for everything from the design of the API and business logic for new features, to optimizing database queries and implementing 3rd party integrations.
This is your chance to join a growing team and a new project in an international established company.
Our development team is based in Palma de Mallorca, but this can be a partially or fully remote position.
We hope you have
- At least 5 years experience in Java development.
- Experience in RESTful API design and implementation for new features.
- Experience with writing and optimising MongoDB queries and aggregations.
- A passion for unit tests and integration tests.
- A keen eye for measuring and optimizing database queries and other performance bottlenecks.
- A willingness to learning new technologies and share your knowledge
- Open communication skills, practiced in providing clear design feedback and code reviews.
- Excellent English
It’s great if you also have (or are interested in learning)
- Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform)
- GitOps deployment approach (ArgoCD)
- Kubernetes (EKS, on-premise)
- CI/CD (Jenkins Pipelines, GitHub Actions)
- Interest in the Apple ecosystem (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS…)
- Experience with collaboration or project management software development
In turn, we offer:
- competitive salary + employee bonus schemes
- long term mentoring
- flexible working schedule, including remote working
- 25 days holiday per year
- Part of a fun and enthusiastic international team
If you are interested, please get in touch to let us know why you think you’d like to join our team! Please also attach your current CV along with info on your earliest start date and salary requirement.