21. Mar 2018
6.3 SP 1
Changed that now the Toolbox > Setting "Use Time Range" options are respected, when replacing an Object on a Booking by drag & drop in the Long Form or Hourline, see details.
In fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Booking Defaults > "Use Time Range" this feature has these three options:
- Booking Time Range
- Marked Time Range
Now, these "Use Time Range" options are respected, when replacing an Object in a Booking by drag & drop, either in the Long Form or in the Hourline and they work like this:
- If "Use Time Range" is set to "Ask" (recommended), then the dialog pop-up window "Use Time Range? Yes/No" appears if at least 1day is marked/highlighted on any of the timelines (In Long Form or Hourline). "Yes" replaces the Object only on the marked day/s. "No" replaces the Object for the complete duration of the Booking.
If no days are marked/highlighted, the dialog is not shown and the Object gets replaced for the complete duration of the Booking.
- If "Use Time Range" is set to "Booking Time Range", then the Object gets replaced for the whole Booking duration, even if some days are marked in Long Form or Hourline.
- If "Use Time Range" is set to "Marked Time Range", the Object gets replaced just for the marked days in the timeline. If no days are highlighted, the Object gets replaced for the whole Booking duration.
Fixed a bug by which Actuals were not being correctly attached to Budget Lines when creating a Booking from multiple lines in Budget > Scheduling Mode, see details.
In the Budget > Scheduling Mode (Active Budgets), when selecting multiple Budget Lines and then dragging them onto the timelines, wrong Objects would be linked or they would sometimes not get attached to the corresponding Budget Line from which being dragged from.
Fixed multiple bugs by which Actuals were wrongly booked if using Activities via the Budget > Scheduling Mode, see details.
Now when using the Budget > Scheduling Mode and dragging more than one Budget Detail (that is an Object Class with Activity) to the timelines to create a Booking, each line is now correctly booked and gets attached to the correct Budget Detail.
Also if the same Object Class is added twice to a Budget, when dragging it to one of the timelines to create a Booking, each Object gets attached to the correct Budget Detail.
Fixed a wrong Confirmation message when replacing an Object Class with an External Object on a Booking from the Edit Project window, see details.
When replacing an Object Class with an External Object from a "Supplier" (Contact type Global > Supplier Details) on a Booking from the Edit Project window, the Confirmation pop-up window was not displaying the details of the External Object and the Supplier it was being replaced with.
Fixed a bug fw Client login-crash bug wrongly caused by revoked "Requests" Permissions, see details.
The issue was caused, because a a user with the Requests tab open within the Toolbox logged out and then the Permissions for Receiving Requests were revoked. This then caused that the "Requests" tab was removed and this caused the login-crash bug.
Fixed a bug which could cause the fw Client to crash in certain scenarios when deleting a repeated Task Booking.
Fixed a bug wrongly causing a "Error Server Modify Please Report This Bug" on fw Server-side imported Contacts.
Now after doing a CSV import through fw Server > Setup > Contacts > Import Contacts, the issue on not being able to modify imported Contacts is fixed.
Fixed a bug by which certain Contacts couldn't be edited after the implementation of "Hash & Salt" on Contacts passwords.
Fixed a bug wrongly causing the "External Objects" list on Contact type Globals > Supplier Details to get corrupted, after removing a related Object Class.
Fixed a bug which now gets Booking Object Custom Fields when using "Value For Date" to be re-calculated to show the correct values per date range.
Fixed a bug by which the Dispatch Module was wrongly leaving a gap between Dispatch Numbers when doing auto-Check-In, see details.
The auto-Check-In requires this setting to be enabled: fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Dispatch Module > "Offer User To Import Objects From Original Check Out For Object If Its Out".
Fixed multiple bugs related fw Client > Toolbox > Settings >...> "Adjust Booked Object´s Out Day/Time When Checking Back In", see details.
Fixed multiple bugs related fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Dispatch Module > Adjust Booked Object´s Out Day/Time When Checking Back In:
- MacKiosk: Missing/Lost items were not being adjusted.
- 1 day Dispatches were not being adjusted correctly.
Implemented support for "minute precision" when creating Dispatches to fix Check-In/Out conflict situations, see details.
Before the Bookings linked to the Dispatches were being created using the standard 15 minutes precision, causing wrong conflicts when doing a Check Out immediately after the Check In of the same Objects.
Fixed a bug that showed date values wrongly within the Financial Reports, see details.
This bug was introduced with the 6.3 feature of being able to create "Alarms" with Custom Fields type Date, because this "alarm dates" data was not properly cleaned up before printing. Now it is.
Fixed a fw Client crash bug when clicking on fw Client > Long From > Objects tree icon > Reports > Financial Reports On Objects, with no Objects loaded, see details.
This fw Client crash bug would happen, when clicking on fw Client > Long From > Objects tree icon > Reports > Financial Reports On Objects, with no Objects loaded into the Objects tree and doing this immediately after the login.
Renamed the dialogue options on "Use Time Range?" when replacing an Object on a Booking and days are marked in the Time Range: "Cancel" => "No" and "Confirm" => "Yes".
Fixed a bug on Saved Hourline Views not allowing special characters like apostrophes on "Grouping" names.
Fixed a bug where it was no longer possible to drag an Object from the Hourline onto a Booking, see details.
The bug could occur if the user previously would open the Booking and remove an Object from the Involved tab. On closing the Booking, the Hourline would become un-responsive and it would no longer be possible to drag and drop items.
Fixed a crash when using "working periods" that only cover weekends, see details.
Working periods are defined in the "Edit Labour Rule" window, and control how many hours an employee is expected to work.
If there was a working period whose range didn't cover any *normal* (non weekend/holiday) work days, it would crash when calculating some Labour Rules related numbers, e.g. when generating reports.
Fixed a bug by which deactivated Objects that belonged to a Group were causing "Missing Emails" to be sent when doing a Check Out from MacKiosk.
Fixed a bug wrongly allowing to set an earlier Return Date as the actual Dispatch Date, see details.
This fix is related to the setting in fw Client > Toolbox > Server Setup > Dispatch Module > "Set Date To Today And Actual Time When Setting Status To Dispatched" and only applies to MacKiosk.
Fixed a bug causing that "Saved Media Orders" wrongly couldn't be used anymore.
Fixed a fw Client freeze bug, when generating a Media Order Report with a Media Order that has Sell price but no Media or Entries attached to it.
Fixed a bug for the "Open Bookings On Involved Tab In The Web Client, iOS and Mobile Web" feature to work on the Mobile Web, see details.
To enable this setting, go to fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Open Bookings On Involved Tab In The Web Client, iOS and Mobile Web"
Fixed a bug in the Invoice Manager when batch-emailing PDF Invoices, which sometimes could wrongly cause Invoices to be sent to the wrong address.
This fix ensures, that the batch-print process can not be un-blocked until finished.
Added on fwplay.com support to modify, delete and sort Comments and implemented video play hotkey support, see details.
- Added support for dditing and deleting Comments.
- Added support for sorting comments by date and time code.
- Hotkey support added to the video player:
- Space: play/pause
- M: mute
- Left and Right arrow: skip 1 second
- Shift + Left and Right arrow: skip 10 seconds
Implemented a fw Client-side "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" to allow users to remove "Price Agreements" with "Not Yet Applied" status, see details!
In certain scenarios it can happen that certain Projects within a farmerswife database accumulate thousands of "Price Agreements", which are on a "Not Yet Applied" status. This can happen from a combination of using:
- Virtual Bookings
- Saved Quotes
- Fixed Price Agreements
- and using "New Project From: ..."
The result can be, that multiple hundreds or thousands of "Price Agreement" financial lines get created. These wrongly bloat the affected Projects and thus the farmerswife database. This new "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" now allows the user with "Server Setup" permission to clean-up the most affected Projects.
BEFORE using this feature:
- Carefully read the complete info on this release note!
- Ensure you have run a fw Server-side "Full Backup".
- Check and log size of your main database (DB) file, it's the "current45.efdb" located within the fw Server root installation folder, inside the "system"; it will be larger than 100MB, 150MB or even 250+ MB.
- If you are hosting the fw Server application on Mac and your main DB file (current45.efdb") is bigger than 150 MB and you have experienced fw Server or fw Client crashes as mentioned above, you need to approach this clean-up in steps, one Project at a time. More info below.
- Ensure, that no other user is working on any Project while running this checker. Part of the nature of this issue is, that on opening affected Projects it not only takes a long time (5+ minutes) before all data is loaded, but this can also lead to fw Server and fw Client crashes, due to extreme memory consumption. Typical crash info will state "Fatal error in wish - Unable to alloc xxx bytes".
- A helper to identify "bloated" Projects is, to go to fw Client > module bar "Projects" > go to the sub-menu "Edit View" > and only temporarily add the column "Project / Database Size"; use drag and drop to move it close to the columns "Project / Name" and "Project / Number" for easier use. Also ensure that in the same sub-menu on "Maximum Hits When Searching" is set to "No Limit". Use the "Search" button and click on the column header "Database Size" to sort until you see the "biggest" Projects at the top. You're now set to move on with the below steps. Take a screen shot or use "Open As Spreadsheet" as reference for later.
- Only Advanced Users with "Server Setup" Permission will have access to the "Price Agreements Integrity Checker"!
To use this new "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" go to:
fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" > "Start Checker" button.
This will trigger all Active Projects to be analysed and will alllow on a Project by Project basis to clean up Price Agreements in the "Not Yet Applied" status or inside "Saved Quotes" according to the following rules:
- If a Project View contains more than 100 Price Agreements on status "Not Yet Applied" this checker will remove them.
- If a Saved Quote contains more than 100 Price Agreements on status "Not Yet Applied" this checker will remove them.
For each Project, which applies to the above rules, you'll get a pop-up window, which will list each issue.
You then have three options to choose from:
- "Yes": This will clean-up the listed issues.
- "No": This will skip the clean-up process and move on to the next Project.
- "Cancel": This will stop the "Checker" process and also revert any previous "Yes" or "No" choices.
Special info on BIG DBs in general and specifically if the fw Server is hosted on Mac OS:
The fw Server application on Mac OS is a "32bit" application. This means, it can only allocate max. 3GB of Memory.
When using the "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" you therefore need to approach this clean-up process in smaller steps:
- Know the size of your main database (current45.efdb, see info above).
- First do a "dry run" on using the "Start Checker" button. Because depending on the size of your system and the processing power of the host system, running this checker can take more time than expected for the initial Project analysis to be finished! During this "dry run" we strongly recommend that you take screen shots of every detected Project. This extremely helps, on identifying the Projects, which need to be cleaned-up first.
- Then on using the "Start Checker" button the 2nd time, only use "Yes" on one of the Projects which contains the most "Price Agreements on Not Yet Applied Status" across all Views and Saved Quotes. Use "No" on all following detected Projects. Once the checker is done (= no more pop-up windows), use "Quit" on your fw Client AND use the "Quit" button on the fw Server application.
- Now check the size of your database (current45.efdb) again, and log the reduced size.
- Keep on repeating these exact steps until your database (current45.efdb) has been cleaned up to below 100MB!
- Once your database (current45.efdb) is below 100MB, run the "Start Checker" one more time and use "Yes" on all following Projects.
NOTE: Even after running this checker, there might still be Projects in your system, which have too many Price Agreements on "Not Yet Applied" status.
These might be Archived! You should now unarchive these Projects one-by-one, where you start with he next Project only after having run the "Start Checker" button, clean it by using "Yes" and archiving this cleaned-up Project again.
Or, on some Projects or some Saved Quotes, there were less than 100 "Price Agreements" on "Not Yet Applied" status. It's now possible to manually clean these up, by clicking on the Trashcan icon to the right of each Price Agreement.
This checker will considerably reduce the time needed to load and open the Edit Project window, and avoid extreme memory usage problems on some databases with too many Price Agreements and Saved Quotes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this "Price Agreements Integrity Checker" if you require assistance.
Fixed a bug that was wrongly changing the Sell Rate to "0" in a specific scenario, when replacing the Object Class with an External Object, see details.
This bug only happened if the setting "Ignore Accessory Rate" (in fw Server > Setup > Financial tab) was set to "Yes".
Fixed a bug wrongly causing "Incorrect User Or Password" for Contact type Resources who's Web Access was activated AFTER the upgrade to v6.3 Release, see details.
If a Contact type Resources' Web Access was activated AFTER the upgrade to v6.3 Release, and the Resource used the "Welcome To farmerswife - invitation email to set the password" and setting the password, then on trying to log-in e.g. to the Web Client the resource would wrongly receive the message "Incorrect User Or Password".
This is now fixed.
a) Contact type Resources who set their password BEFORE the upgrade are NOT affected; their passwords work.
b) All Contact type Resources who were invited AFTER the upgrade to v6.3 Release, will encounter the "Incorrect User Or Password" issue. They need to be invited again after the upgrade past 6.3 rev. 16889!
=> Open each Resource and un-tick the check-box for "Web Access" > click on the "Save Changes" button > then tick the "Web Access" check-box again > "OK" button to send the invite > click on the "Save Changes" button.
This will trigger a new "Welcome To farmerswife - invitation email to set the password". This time, setting the password and the subsequent log-ing will work.
Fixed the no longer working "MySQL data interface" by updating outdated 3rd party libraries, see details.
The internally used TCL MySQL libraries have been updated to the latest stable version of "libmariadbclient".
In order to use "MySQL data interface" on a Linux environment the system should be able to find and load "libmariadbclient.so.18".
For Ubuntu/Debian install package "libmariadbclient18".
Added a new variable to the optional fw Server-side "server.cfg" called "PROXY_FILE_PORT", see details.
If the optional fw Server-side "server.cfg" file is in use, the fw Client error during auto-upgrade "Full Download Installer" process could fail, if this new variable "PROXY_FILE_PORT" would be missing.
Fixed a low level fw Server crash bug which contained "key "socket" not known in dictionary" within the stack trace information.
Fixed a Timereport-icon color refresh bug when using the feature "Set Time As Booked For Missing Timereports On Selected Days", see details.
Now, when Timereport is completed using the "Set Time As Booked For Missing Timereports On Selected Days" functionality in the fw Client > Long Form > Personnel tree, the Timereport-icon how is correctly updated from red to green in the Edit Project window.
In the Long Form, the Timereport-icon color updated is not "real time" as in the Hourline. In the Long From this is either updated by using the "Refresh" button, or It gets update with every normal "fw Server update" process; typically every 15 seconds.
Implemented a patch for a reported "clickjacking vulnerability" on Web Client, Mobile Web Client and Play.
Added a custom handler to Jetty to add "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN" to the headers of every response.
Added support for the "LARGEADDRESSAWARE" flag for the 32bit fw Client's "farmerswife.exe" when installed on a Windows 64bit environment, see details!
In some cases a lot of Memory is needed fw Client side, e.g. when generating Financial Reports or running Labour Rules Closing Point calculations, etc. The fw Client is a 32bit application, and thus limited to the amount of memory it can "address" or "allocate".
In order for the 32bit fw Client application to be able to allocate the needed amount of memory (max. 3GB), finally now the required "LARGEADDRESSAWARE" flag has been applied on the "farmerswife.exe".
IMPORTANT: For this change to take affect on v6.3 SP1 a manual installation or "manual over-installation" of the fw Client application using the existing path is required.
NOTE: To verify if the "Application can handle large (>2GB) addresses" you need to use the Microsoft Visual Studios Command Prompt "dumpbin" tool (dumping /headers pathToFWClients_farmerswife.exe). And then you should see within the "FILE HEADER VALUES" this new information: "Application can handle large (>2GB) addresses".
Fixed an fw Client crash bug, when selecting a Project Work Order Custom Field Template.
14. Jun 2017